Sunday, September 17, 2006

Beyond Done

The word "done" does not even begin to describe how I feel about remodeling this house. Like, I was over it so, so long ago...and this is unfortunate, because we are just now getting to the point where the things we do make our house look and feel like a real house. For example:


Yes! That's right. We are actually lit in the back. It took a Master Electrician 2 hours to figure it out, she left with every bit of cash in the house, and it was worth it. Naughty electricity!



The kitchen is looking like a lovely green box - I'm thinking we'll end up leaving it like this...



And the back room is a real guest room again - with doors n' everything!


My experience is summed up in the mantra I chant when I'm hammering (especially when I'm hammering my own hands - I hammered the joint of my thumb so hard that I just put down my nails and sobbed in the middle of the kitchen. It is a dusky purple.) I say: "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this." Or, alternatively: "Fuck you, window. Fuck you, door. Fuck you meticulously refinished flooring gouged by the fridge."