Monday, May 18, 2009

Life is pretty good



Every morning, now, I drive to our neighborhood Panera and buy one of everything I like:
Spinach and Artichoke Souffle
Cranberry Orange Muffin
Chocolate Duet Walnut Cookie
Earl Grey Tea

And sit for hours in a lovely booth, reading/writing, and watching traffic until the lunch crowd rolls in. This is my life for the next three years or so, and I'm determined to love it. Alright, I already love it.

Last night, we painted the garage and moved the woodpile. AB put down mulch everywhere and the house and lawn look really lovely. I think it's pretty typical that your house looks its best just before you put it on the market. We sat out by our incredible fire-pit for hours - making fire-pie hamburgers (unbelievably good) and burning parts of the house (seriously, our lot is 1/8 of an acre, and we produce almost all of our wood on-site).

Tonight is the free (FREE, I TELL YOU), Zingerman's party at Pinball Pete's. Four hours of totally free video gaming - when it asks you "Do you want to continue?" after you've died for the twentieth time, you just press start and it does! Pool, pinball, fancy sword games, that police game where you have to duck to hide behind cars and stuff, the turret game where you sit in a red ball, and lots of zombie killing.

Alexis and I played air hockey for the first time a few weeks ago (at another free Pinball Pete's night - yes, we're lucky kids), and we LURVE it. Although my movements are sloth-speed normally, air hockey brings out my cat-like reflexes.