Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I didn't realize

John, after reading the bit about the fish hatchery, said to me yesterday that he didn't know what he would have done if he'd been in the car with me.

"Like when I swerved and freaked out?"

"No, that you wanted to spend an entire afternoon at a *fish hatchery*."

I have to admit, it DID NOT occur to me that others would not be as fascinated with fish hatcheries as I am. I mean, come on...they are so, well, cool. And fry are very cute. And fish have slime coats. And you get to feed them. And you get to look at them swim. And you get to go through the interactive exhibit and pretend you're a Lake Sturgeon. And, and, and...I just don't get it.

Alexis's response to John's comment was to raise her fists to the sky and say "Thank God, someone on *my* side! I spent three hours at that damn hatchery and didn't say anything!"