Wednesday, January 05, 2005

It snows, how does it?

Thus marks the end of my first official Christmas vacation in years. Before this, I only had a couple of days off a year, and usually worked the major holidays. Before that, my whole life was Christmas vacation, so I guess it evens out.

It's really important that I am not left to my own devices for more than a few days at a time. I begin to obsess about my home town (Watkins Glen) and about finding my childhood friends (Heidi, Kris, Rob, Phillip, Anthony). I watch lots and lots of television (LOTR, Aqua Teens and Home Movies), purchase expensive toys (digital camera), and go to Dim Sum on a Monday (Captain Sophia was scandalized - and said firmly "I'll see you on Saturday, right?!"). All the while, living off of Alexis' vacation pay - sweet!

Wait, wait, wait, I could do this for weeks yet! I don't want it to end! When am I getting my Ipod? Who's bringing the Crave Case?

I don't want to go deal with cranky, cranky clients and nasty Michigan snow. My house is warm, my tree is twinkly and my dogs are lazy - I don't want to face the world.